arousing fear; formidable;
awesome, deserving respect.
Muhammad Ali was a redoubtable opponent in the ring. (Arousing fear)
Shakespeare wasn’t born of a redoubtable family. (Respectable)
reassuring, pacifying, comforting
Examples in Speaking
- My teacher was a man of redoubtable character.
- Ahmad is a redoubtable debater.
- My grandfather was a redoubtable man.
Examples in Writing
- It is quite hard to survive for ladies in redoubtable environment.
- IELTS can be a tough test even for redoutable students.