Use this vocabulary in IELTS Writing and Speaking for good bands.
1. Abandon v. To leave; to give up
To save their lives, the sailors had to abandon the sinking ship.
2. Adversely adv. In a harmful way; negativelyExcessive rainfall early in the spring can adversely affect the planting of crops.
3. Aggregate adj. Gathered into or amounting to a whole
It is impossible to judge last year’s performance without knowing the aggregate sales numbers.
4. Cultivation n. Preparing the land to grow crops; improvement for agricultural purposes
With the development of land cultivation, hunters and gatherers were able to settle in one place.
5. Fertilize v. To supply with nourishment for plants by adding helpful substances to the soil
This farm fertilizes tomatoes more than any other crop.
6. Intensify v. To increase in power; to act with increased strengthJacob’s long absence intensified his certainty that he should marry Rose.
7. Irrigation n. The supplying of water to dry landIn dry areas of the country, you can see ditches all over the farmland for irrigation.
8. Obtain v. To gain possession of; to get
After a series of difficult interviews, he finally was able to obtain the job.
9. Photosynthesis n. The process by which green plants make their own food by combining water, salts, and carbon dioxide in the presence of light.
Oxygen is a by-product of the process of photosynthesis.
10. Precipitation n. Water that falls to the Earth’s surfaceIn the Pacific Northwest, the high level of precipitation ensures rich, green plant life.